SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is the government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Have you encountered technological obstacles or scientific uncertainties in the course of your work?
- Have you encountered challenges involving climate, environment, plant or animal genetics, animal husbandry, soil?
- Does your work involve horticulture, agronomy, viticulture, forestry, aqua culture & fisheries, dairy science or other related sciences?
- Have you designed or developed any technology that is state-of-the-art?
- Have you solved scientific problems by going beyond available knowledge, methods or routine engineering?
- Have you developed any products that were patented?